- libs monday was another great success. iconloader moved again just to be funny. ok, really it's because i screwed up and put it in the wrong place. there's now a KIconLoader::global() which does exactly what you think it does. there's also now a KIO::Part::iconLoader() now too for the KParts in the world. hooray.
this coming monday's highlight is going to be the action merge. third time's the charm, right boys? =)somehow i missed that the merge actually happened. that was pretty smooth. i quite like the more readable api even if there are a few more lines of code here and there; i'm most interested in finally getting to play with the next part of this work: xmlgui++
- dbus tutorials on devnew are coming along decently. two down, one to go. feedback appreciated.
- dell is selling desktop computers with kde on them in china. of course, in traditional fashion the pr states the name of the OS (congrats to red flag! =) whilst kde gets nary a mention. but hey, at least we're helping power those beasts. kde: the software you don't even know you're using.
- kedit is no longer in trunk/. it's been moved to the extragear repository where it will be maintained for kde4 by Bertjan Broeksema. so it will be maintained but not part of the default packages as katepart now does bidi.
- speaking of katepart and bidi, Hamish Rodda is looking for feedback and testing of this feature in kate. so if you need bidi, please hook yourself up with a kde4 install post haste and help the man out =)
- don't know how to get a kde4 install? follow the directions on the dev wiki. there's even a rather nice start to a build guide for macos x
- looks like i'll be attending the red hat fudcon in boston next month. i'll be rooming with kde aficionado and fedora board member rex deiter. i wonder if he knows what he's gotten himself into by offering to share a room with me. ;) i'll be there for 3 days, so if you're in the boston area and want to meet up drop me an email.
- easing back into devel and coordination i'm starting to feel my mojo again. tonight i'm going to yoga in an atempt to keep the blood flowing.
- -16C (the current temperature outside my window) is too cold, esp when the wind kicks it down a few more notches. i don't care what the eskimos were thinking when they claimed the arctic for themselves, no matter how much seal blubber and polar bear that came with that deal, it's just not worth it man.
ok, so that was a rather verbose michael meeks.