- My corners are already occupied (Possible solution: user moves the toolbox)
- It disturbs the feng shui of my wallpaper (Research: less intrusive default appearance ... improved themability?)
- I don't have a use for it (Deferred: revisit when zooming is complete)
Past pain points that have been fixed include:
- It "spasms" if you mouse over it the wrong way
- Innactive state is too bright
- It animates out when not intentionally triggered (e.g. when closing a maximized window)
- It shrinks when I zoom out
- When I zoom out on the second screen, the toolbox is no longer visible, leaving me without a way to get back
If I'm missing pain points for the toolbox, put them in the comments section here and I'll add them to the list.
I really need a tool for managing this. Something collaborative, a bit more structured than a wiki but as easy to use. Bugzilla is way too clunky and defect reporting oriented (not to mention that as a user, I dread being confronted with a bugzilla report form =/). Something like review-board, but for enumerating feature sets, recording pain- and plus-points, gathering votes on them, noting possible avenues of research, recording cures for the pain points as they happens ... Right now I'm keeping lists pretty much manually and as a user I would have no idea where to effectively drop my pain point.