During the presentation tracks, we have the following talks lined up:
- Compositing after X - KWin on the Road to Wayland, Day 1, 14:00 in RM2002 with Martin Gräßlin. Supporting OpenGL ES in Plasma Workspaces 4.7 was only the first step for KWin in a longer journey that has a clear vision for where we need to go. KWin is going through a process of careful modularization and is shipping with profiles for different form factors. The end goal, however, is to drive towards the heir apparant to x.org on the Free software stack: Wayland. Come to this presentation to see just how far KWin has come on this path, what the migration path towards Wayland will probably look like for us and why we're taking this path.
- Conquering the device spectrum, Day 2, 9:40 in Kinosaal, with Sebastian Kügler. This talk will be covering Plasma Active, including what we've accomplished and both our mid- and long-term plans. Active is a big and ambitious project, one that is hitting its goals thus far I might add, to bring more Free software in a compelling way to devices. If you are interested in how consumer electronics might marry with our traditional desktop oriented vision, this is the talk to attend.
- A new activity based mobile user interface with Plasma and Nepomuk, Day 3, 10:20 in Audimax with Marco Martin and Fania Jöck. Featuring one of Plasma's primary UI developers (Marco) and Contour's primary interface designers (Fania), this presentation will be covering the new activity-centric Contour interface that is the centerpiece of the Plasma Active default user experience. It offers a unique and powerful touch-based Activities interface that makes using tablets and similar devices not just pleasant but compelling. It brings together Plasma and Nepomuk in novel ways, and they cover all the dirty details of the user interface in this talk.
- Activities - the helpful Big Brother, Day 2, 14:00 in Audimax with Ivan Čukić. This presentation delves into the engines that drive Activities as presented in Contour: Nepomuk, Zeitgeist and the code glueing it together with Contour.
We also have a line-up of BoFs scheduled, too. After the presentation track, the Plasma teams as well as anyone who finds themselves interested, curious and/or inspired by the earlier presentations will come together for discussion, planning and hacking. The BoF sessions include:
- Plasma Active: 9:00-11:00 on Wednesday, August 10th in room 1.204
- Plasma and Wayland: 11:00-12:00 on Wednesday, August 10th in room 1.204
- Plasma Desktop: TBD
The rest of the time we'll be hanging out together working on moving the various Plasma projects forward: libplasma2, Active, Contour, KWin, Plasma Desktop, etc. All are welcome to come and join us in the positive spirit of adventure and collaboration. See you there!